5.1 Creative Speaker Set Nvidia(r) nForce(TM) Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

lothia

I have some old A sound card a SB Live Wave Device, and then I have the mobo sound piece which is a Nvidia(R) nForce(TM) Audio. Now I just bought a 5.1 Computer set and I cannot get all 3 of the inputs to work. I mean it seems I only have one speaker input since I can either play the fronts, the backs, or the center. But if I put the other two in any of the slots (there are 4 others on the sound card) and 2 others on the preset one. They do nothing. I understand one of these is a different type and what not. I am wondering if there is any ways I can make it work.
Okay this is wierd, only my left speaker is actually making sound, the right one I need to put it all the way up and then I care barely hear the music (I make it one sided so I can hear only that side) any suggestions?
EDIT: It seems if I unplug it and then plug it back in some of the times they will both play well.
Any ways I have them connected to the Nvidia(R) nForce(TM) Audio and the SB Live Wave Device does not play any music. Perhaps it's my drivers?
My driver module for the Nvidia is nvapu.sys
the SB Live! Wave Device has a Driver Module emu10k1m.sys

I really can't follow what you're saying but, yes, get rid of all your drivers and install the latest ones.Then make sure all your audio settings are correct (e.g. the number of speakers)

Okay well the sound drivers from direct or from Nvidia or for my sound card? Or just all of them.
Any ways what I was saying is that I can only put one of the 3 plugs into my computer at a time. If I put more then one the other two do not do anything. I think my sound card has 5.1 support but cannot actually tell. I have changed the settings to a 5.1 sound but since only one of the 3 plugs will actually play at a time it doesn't help.

sorry i'm not too familiar with the nvidia sound cards.. but go to your control panel, and find the utility that will change your sound properties (maybe different to Sound and Multimedia Devices) and it will launch a little program that you can set volumes, how the jacks work (if assignable) to speaker setup (2.0,2.1,4.1,5.1 etc). Default values for audio connectors at the back are Mic, Line, Out.

go to your motherboard manufacturer's website and download the latest drivers for your specific one.

I got to the Sounds and Audio Device section but I see no program where I can change the input values or what not. Please assist and tell me what this "program" is called.
I know there is the speaker settings but changing that doesn't help.
Hmm I figured those would be the 3 audio connectors in the back, how ever the sound card appears to have 3 for speakers then the two others.

well on this pc, i'm using C-Media Audio, so mine looks like this (attachment a)
to change mine from two speakers setup to 6 i click on the button that has 6 and a speaker icon on it.. teh jack assingments (highligted in red) shows me what is teh current input/output of those jacks (microphone, line in, line out/headphones, center/sub speakers, surround sound etc..)

they should be similar to the nvidia ones, but different applications to do it.. just look around in your control panel...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back