5.1 speaker problems with SB Live

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, newbie here, speaker problems

:giddy: Hi,

I looked at the other speaker posts and havent found any that have my problem so i am gonna try and explain this as best as i can.

I have the Creative SB Live sound card with the 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers. My speakers are called Altec Lansing, dont know if thats important. But here is my problem, the speakers were working fine, sound card all good, but then the main speaker - the large one - from the inside started making these thud vibration noises. Dont know if this makes sense, but the sponge inside the speaker was making loud vibrating thudding noises and i dont know how to stop it. Do i need new speakers? I just had the windows 2000 installed and everything was working fine, including all speakers. Please help, this thing is giving me headaches. Thanx.

Actually, the noises occur when i plug the speaker cord in the main speaker, the cord attached to the power bar. Does this help? And nothing is played, nothing to do with it, the main speaker makes these thudding noises from inside.

That sounds like something's wrong with the power supply or the amplifier. I'd replace it if it has warranty left, or at least have it checked.

cluelesslara said:
:giddy: Hi,

I looked at the other speaker posts and havent found any that have my problem so i am gonna try and explain this as best as i can.

I have the Creative SB Live sound card with the 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers. My speakers are called Altec Lansing, dont know if thats important. But here is my problem, the speakers were working fine, sound card all good, but then the main speaker - the large one - from the inside started making these thud vibration noises. Dont know if this makes sense, but the sponge inside the speaker was making loud vibrating thudding noises and i dont know how to stop it. Do i need new speakers? I just had the windows 2000 installed and everything was working fine, including all speakers. Please help, this thing is giving me headaches. Thanx.
open the sound icon by the clock and in that trunn the bass down

Actually it turns out, that when the speakers start making those vibrating thudding noises, it means that the sponge inside the speaker is dried and broken. It's cheaper, he said, to just buy new ones. So now I am on the hunt for two speakers since I dont need and never used the surround sound.

Thankx for all your help anyway.

:angel: Here lies my speakers, Rest In Peace. :knock: :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back