5.1 Speaker system...HAVING PROBLEMS!! Please help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,
I recently purchased Hercules XPS 510 surround sound speaker system and also used a Creative SB Live! sound card so that I could get the most out of the speakers. Im not sure exactly wha sound card i have but it is dated 2002 so pretty old!

Anyway, there are 5 speakers and a SubWoofer with this package. Each speaker connects to the sub, and then there are 3 cables from the sub that connect to the sound card. Orange, black and yellow. Also cables are correctly set up...believe me i have checked them dozens of times.

Now the problem is that 3 of the speaker work perfectly and so does the SubWoofer, but 2 of the speakers dont play any sound!! But its strange because when there is no music, sound etc and i turn the volume to maximum, i can clearly hear that they are on and are both in working order because i can hear that horrible hissing-like sound. Ive tried re-arranging the cables about and that didnt work. Ive also been through and configured the sound card software with speakers and i did this also with the Control panel speaker settings.

Another strange thing is, when i open up the Creative sound mixer to test the speakersit plays 5 sounds, 1 from 4 speakers each and 1 from the sub??? And then one doesnt even play a sound? its seems really odd. Its as if the sub is being counted as a speaker by the software.

Can any of you help me please, its so frustrating!!

Thanks,
Dean

Surround

Sounds like you may need to upgrade to a card that supports 5.1
check to see if there are new drivers online.

Well i just checked the box and it says Creative Sound Blaster Live 5.1 Digital. I cant find any model number or anything, but on the back of the box it says it supports 5.1 Surround sound. Also on the sound card there are 6 ports.

Does the box tell you what kind of card it is?
look on the card itself for a model number and look it up on Creative's website.

Check from Creative control panels that you don't have CMSS enabled, it causes problems with multichannel sound quite often.

If the SB software configuration utility offers a choice between "simulated acousitics" and "equalizer" effects, choose simulated acoustics. Also, try changing between the available surround settings (CMSS, CMSS2, and Stereo). Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back