5.25 Ghz at -195 degrees

Status
Not open for further replies.
That video is actually quite old. I wonder why they don't overclock it even more since it was running at -195C then whole time.

LoL, if they are hardcore enough to use liquid nitrogen, then shouldn't they be hardcore enough to do a bit of modding? I say: good job, but could be better :D

And they put a Geforce 5950 in it :S

I wonder what an fx-60 at those temps would clock....

The amd's might get to the point of diminishing returns sooner as they don't have a very deep pipeline, relative to the P4. Need the pipes for high clocks.

Speaking of which, Me and my friend oc'ed an old p4 1.6 ghz to 4.5 ghz with air cooling (except it was a sort of modded up air cooling where we had a bunch of ice inside a container and we had a crazy fan i made myself, which was something like 18,500 rpm moving aroung 200-300 cfm blowing the ice-cooled air down a tube to the proc and it ran at something like 76 degrees c, and yes, he did have to hold the tube in place while i ran wcpuid) luckily, however, the proc had been long replaced because it (not unexpectedly) simply "popped." It made a popping sound and we saw that the proc had, err, kinda done nothing. It just made the noise and died. No matter what we tried, it seemed that the old northwood was dead. It was fun though! And yes this is true.

Yeah the current P4 record is 7.5ghz on LN2...the AMDs have the memory controller which "bugs out" at low temperatures. Some processors are lucky and dont have the cold bug problem. These cpus do great under cascades and LN2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back