5 Crashes (blue screens) in XP JUST TODAY!!! HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ASUS A7V8X-X Mobo
Athlon XP 2500+ (no overclocking, all on default settings)
512MB PC2700 KVR333X64C225/512 Kingston Value
PowerColor ATI Radeon 9600 pro
Creative SB Live! 5.1 sound card
Maxtor 40GB
WD 120GB
LiteOn CD-RW
ASUS DVD+-RW
HP 6122 Deskjet Printer
WinXp Prof

I don't have any experience with this. The only thing I know in WnDbg is the "!analyze -v" command, and then I don't know a whole lot about what I'm looking at.

I have compressed my last 6 minidumps in a zip folder. 5 of them have happened just today!!

This makes a total of about 50 minidumps in the last three months.

Many of them claim the fault is with one ati .dll file or another. But I have tried unistalling drivers, installing updated drivers from ati, rolling back to previous drivers, unistalling those, and reinstalling updated drivers... all this with no success in stopping these crashes!

I have tried witching out the video card with one exactly like it (9600 pro, my bro and I both have these cards, his was giving him no trouble so I tried it) STILL it blue screened.

I tried switching up the slot I have my 512 stick in, and even using a different stick of 512 Kingston Value (also from my bro, his had no trouble). Nothing has been fixed by this.

If someone could help me identify and eliminate the problem I would be so incredibly greatful.

Let me know if you want more minidumps, because i have PLENTY to go around.

A round of minidumps for everyone, ON ME!

Thanks,
Keith

Hi,

Two minidumps are crashed with IP Misalinged.

IP_MISALIGNED – this crash happens when CPU’s instruction pointer fails to point to the beginning of a valid instruction. Instead, it points into the middle of an instruction. This is believed to be a hardware problem, possibly caused by over-clocking, over-heating, or power supply problem.

Thanks.

I have another case with a different PS. maybe I'll switch it all over and see how it runs.

It can't be from overclocking, that's for sure. Everything is on default settings.

Thanks again. Any other help would be greatly appreciated!

-Keith

Ok I haven't switched to the other case yet but here is a STOP message i just got from a bluescreen today (hoping maybe this will help..)

STOP: 0x0000008E (0xc0000005, 0xBF8EB6F6, 0xA87487cc, 0x00000000)

win 32k.sys Address BF8EB6F6 Base at BF800000 Date Stamp 3b7de698

anymore ideas/advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back