50% CPU usage when MY MUSIC folder is opened from START MENU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, whenever i open My Music folder from the start menu, and some other programs like World of Warcraft, in Windows XP the CPU usage jumps to 50%. When i look at the processes in Task Manager "explorer.exe" is using 48-51% constantly and won't go down unless i end the process and run it again. I've tried all Anti Virus and Anti Spyware software and nothing has worked so far. I've gone into msconfig and run in Diagnostic Mode and i still have the same problem so it's nothing that is starting up. I

i was having this problem before but then i reformatted my HD and reinstalled Windows XP. it's been 10 days since then and untill today it started doing the same thing. If anybody has some other ideas for me to try i would really appreciate it.

It is not completly abnormal for Your Cpu bar to briefly spike upon opening a program. Actually I have gotten used to it. As long as it goes down. Sounds like what you are describing I guess would be more of a constant peek. When I am running nwn.exe server my CPU is 0 -30 percent depending upon my traffic in the server, but it rests at 0. When I open yahoo messenger it stays at 40 percent. Go figure eh?

My guess is you have music videos in there as well, by any chance?
The previews on the left tend to use up a lot of memory in the instant you open the folder. It can be as bad as completely crashing the Explorer. Been there, done that.
You can turn those off, but I'm not really sure where.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back