60gb ipod driver problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michelle2

I have installed the software as suggested, tried uninstalling reinstalling, but the device manager plings the ipod.

When I try to install the driver the error "the data is invalid" pops up. Ive also dl the latest versions from apples website.

Im running XP pro with sp2 and no other errors or conflicts are showing. I have been at it now since 7am and really think this is going to be sold on ebay if I cant get it to work!

Thanks

I don`t know if this`ll help, but here goes.

I take it your iPod connects to your computer via usb?

If so. Disconnect your iPod from your computer, then uninstall all the iPod software from your computer, and reboot your system.

Once your system has rebooted, Insert the ipod driver cd, and install the software. Only connect the iPod to your computer, when either prompted to do so, or if not prompted, after the driver installation is complete.

If that doesn`t work, then I`m out of ideas.

Regards Howard :)

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I did try that a few times. I finally managed to get it installed at 4 this morning! Ouch.

Anyway, it was a problem with the windows installer files, and after copying the drivers from one pc to this one it picked up the mass storage device no worries.

Thank you again

:grinthumb

Ipod driver problems

I have seen some posts on this site on Ipod driver problems. There have been many recommendations dealing with uninstalling USB drivers, reinstalling the Apple CD, etc. I had this same problem a few times and discovered that I had to just replace the USB cord. It worked flawlessly after trying all of the tips for over 3 weeks.

Just a heads up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back