64bit CPU 32Bit OS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, good luck with your last day then fella.
I always use:
www.overclockers.co.uk www.aria.co.uk

i currently have Vista Ultimate 32-bit and i was wondering if this was ... compatible:

Yes. All consumer 64-bit CPUs (at the moment) also support 32-bit. That CPU in particular will work just fine with a 32-bit OS. In fact, I recommend sticking with 32-bit software for now, because 64-bit software and drivers have a little bit of maturing to do. Give it a couple of years and 64-bit will be a safe bet.

thanks for the info :)
it's just, i need to upgrade my processor (I'm slowly frying it :p) and the best deal's i've been finding have some "64-bit technology enabled" or something like that and i was wondering if that would be compatible with a 32-bit OS. But thanks to the replies/info that you lot have given me i now know that it is compatible :) (maybe the techspot admin/mods should do a little FAQ for noob users like me with things like will a 64 --bit processor work with a 32-bit os etc)

a Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 up to a E6600 should work with any MB that would support the E4400.

Please Note.....

While the OS can be 32 bit, the board BIOS and chipset MUST support the 64 bit processors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back