6600gt issues :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well heres the problem, my 6600gt is an AGP card but it is being read as PCI in the device manager. I believe it is the primary cause of my games crashing and being unable to view any types of video files using divx and WMP. I have noticed a small handful of others having similair issued but cant find any information reguarding a fix. Here is what im seeing.

index.cfm

Im using

Nvidia 6600gt 128
Nforce2 MOBO

I reformatted and started from scratch 2 days ago as well

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ill send a cake to whoever can help :)

I have torn apart that thread, read it several times but to no avail. I am assuming a possible fix is to update my motherboards agp drivers but I havent found any yet.

Mobo AGP drivers are found in a driver package whch updates the dchipset of the mobo. Download the appropriate update package for ur chipset and install it. This will upgrade ur mobo AGP drivers too

You could just insert the disk that came with your Mobo and reinstall original drivers that way, instead of ReInstalling everything.

When you install the Drivers for the Nvidia card or board whichever it may be,
make sure that you do not say yes to things like "Enable SLI".

hehe I inherited this card from my father but thanks. Im going to wait unitll tomorrow to figure this out...spent too much energy on it today...though im having withdrawals from Oblivion

upgrading my dell's graphic's card

hi, i want to install a nu graphics card in my dell dimension 5100. i have been looking for quite some time and takin into account money and compatibility (money being the main focus) i have chosen the XFX 7300GS 256MB VGA+DVI 512MB In Turbo Cache PCI-E (http://www.savastore.com/productinf...me=Savastore&page=productspecification&pid=45
I was wondering if this wud b compatible, i have 1 PCI slot and 1 PCI 16 slot so i assume this wud b fine. i am a bit worried about the power supply requirement, it wants 350W but mine is only 305W. does any one no of any PSU that i cud get for under £50.
thanks for ur help

ssj4legolas, make your own thread, #1 do not bring back old threads, especially if they do not pertain to your question.

nickc said:
ssj4legolas, make your own thread, #1 do not bring back old threads, especially if they do not pertain to your question.

It was his first post, maybe he doesn't know his way around the website yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back