6600gt or 6800GT but theres more to the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ppsssooo

ok 1st i need to know which card to get but both are 6800GT

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130203

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814133116

i hear that there are problems with other brands so i narrowed them down to these two which i think would be the best 2nd this is my mobo i have a 350psu 3ghz cpu 80gig hdd 256mem im gona upgrade it but i need to know will i have any problems with my mobo the specs are below if so should i get a new board that would suck bcuz then i would get a 6600gt anyway thanks for any replies i might get.

Processor
• One Socket 478 supports the Intel® Pentium® 4 processor with Hyper Threading Technology ready, support 800/533/400MHz FSB
Memory
• Two DDR 184-pin 2.5V DIMM Sockets (DDR266/333/400)
• Maximum: 2GB
Chipset
• HT1683 Northbridge and HT1563 Southbridge Chipset
• Supports six USB 2.0 ports
• Supports four 32-bits PCI slots of arbitration and decoding for all integrated functions and LPC bus.
• Audio – C-Media CMI9738 AC’97 Codec(4 Channel)
• 8x AGP Support
• LAN – Realtek 10/100BaseT LAN onboard
System BIOS
• AMI 2Mb Firmware Hub
• Supports Plug and Play 1.0A, APM 1.2, Multi Boot, DMI
• Support ACPI revision 1.0 specification
Modem
Optional 56K V.90 CNR Modem
Expansion Slots
• 4 PCI slots, 1 AGP slot (8x), 1 CNR slot
I/O Interface
Back Panel I/O Ports
• PS/2 keyboard and mouse connectors
• Four USB2.0 Ports and a LAN connector
• One EPP/ECP mode parallel port
• One 16550 high-speed serial I/O port
• Audio ports (Mic, Audio-in, Audio-out)
Onboard ports, headers and others
•Two IDE connectors supports four IDE devices (Ultra DMA 66/100/133)
• One FDD connector supports 360K~2.88M Byte, 3 Mode FDDs or LS120
• P4 ATX Power Supply Connector (4-Pin 12V power connector require)
• USB Card Reader Connector (share one USB port from back panel)
• IrDA header
• Internal PC speaker header
• CD ROM/DVD Audio Input header
• 2 Extra USB2.0 onboard header
• HDD LED, Reset Switch, Suspend LED, Power Switch headers
• CPU and System Fan headers
Special Features
• Supports Wake on LAN, Wake on Modem, Wake on Alarm, Interrupt Wake-Up from Keyboard/Mouse,
Form Factor & Layers
• ATX (305mm*195mm

definetely get the one made by evga, my brother had a evga geforce4 ti4200 and it lasted him for 4 years then he sold it to his friend and it still works great. very reliable. your mobo shouldnt have any problems with this card because the mobo supports agp and the card is an agp. you probably wouldnt have to upgrade your power supply but 350 is like the minimum you need, i would suggest that be your next upgrade after getting more ram.get a good 500 watt or so power supply by thermaltek, they make great stuff.

wouldnt mind it but im wana get all my stuff soon i got like 280 and when im done i should have 360-400 but that 300-400 is for my upgrades anyway are u saying that its better or ?

I probably would get the evga, due to price, and it's a decent brand afaik. The msi appears to have a better heatsink, and has a ton of cds(programs, games, etc), but I hate messing with rebates, so I probably wouldn't, and just get the evga. The evga looks basically like the stock reference nvidia design to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back