661FX-M will not boot up

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyleenow

Pentium 4 ,3hz 661FX-M motherboard. Computer will NOT boot up, nothing appear on screen.
No beeps. Remove all hardware and peripheral. Still nothing. Btw. Remove Ram also.
Only thing on the computer are case(tower) ,motherboard (661FX-M) and CPU Pentium 4 3hz (CPU with heatsink bracket) Looks like it’s could a Pentium sticker the top.
Can not move the heatsink, to get to the CPU. Want to reseat the processor

I’m trying to remove the heatsink, with the bracket. (IT will not move. Scare of damaging the heatsink(bracket), or maybe even the CPU.

???Help.???

I agree, scary, you do not usually need to remove the CPU. Unless you have new heatsink goo

Is there any power whatsoever to the computer, if not this may be your Power supply

Usually you have to twist slightly one way then slightly the other way. clockwise then counterclockwise, but not to hard

kimsland, The power supply is working. It powers on. No problems wIth the power so far. I EVEN tried changing the power supply.

Blind Dragon, Twisted clockwise then counterclockwise. But it WILL move slightly but no enough for the bracket to come off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back