6800 ultra help

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi just recently bought the above card. i have completly removed my old x700 and drivers and removed all the reg keys for it.
my problems start when i download the nvidia drivers and restart my pc.
once my pc has rebooted i get all these artifacts on the screen e.g when i move my mouse i get a trail of dots, windows not drawn properly, screen freezes and goes black then comes on again etc etc
ive tried pretty much everything i can think of i.e different screen res, different refresh speeds.
my monitor has just a normal connection lead that just plugged in the old x700 this 6800 has an adaptor i have to use (DVI i think) and my monitor is a iiyama vision master pro 450. i might be wrong but could this be the problem?
OS specs
p4 3.0ghz
1.5 gig ddr ram 400
power supply is an ATX-400 max output is 400w

I've had that problem before, and believe it or not, it was with an NVidia card as well. LOL, sounds like a driver problem, try going to microsoft's update to find a driver more compatiable with your OS, if your using Windows that is. Its defiantely a driver problem though, try a few different drivers, and I know, the one they gave you should work, but I have installed many pieces of hardware where the OS didn't agree with the bundled software and drivers. Check windows update and driverguide.

When I went from a 9800 Pro to the 6800 ultra I had to do a clean install of Windows. Also try a different version- newer or older- of the display driver. The ones that come with cards are usually several months out of date. If you're using the newest driver, try the one that came out before it.

what driver did you install? do not install the stock version of the 91.47 forceware driver!! it is super unstable! the asus version is ok... but not the stock one. also, if your contol panel>add or remove programs menu says that the ati driver is not installed, you should be ok with installing a forceware driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back