720 MB on 1 CD ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

scorpion_1112

K so i wanna back my data on CDs but there some DivX files that i cannot reduce more than 700-710 MB minimum. I have only a CD writer so i wanna put them on CDs somehow...

Is that possible?

(Pss: I remember watching a VCD which had a file of size 800 MB! Hows that possible? :confused: )

There are 800MB CD(R)s.. And you may be able to enable "overburning" in your CD writing software to get that little extra over 700MB.

scorpion_1112 said:
K so i wanna back my data on CDs but there some DivX files that i cannot reduce more than 700-710 MB minimum. I have only a CD writer so i wanna put them on CDs somehow...

Is that possible?

(Pss: I remember watching a VCD which had a file of size 800 MB! Hows that possible? :confused: )
VCD runs on time length of show, not size. I've put a 900MB 30 min clip on a VCD.

Be careful with overburning, as it might not come out exactly correct, but there is only one way to find out :p give it a shot.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

First of all, thanks for ur support guys.. :grinthumb

k to be precise, im using Nero 6603. When i try overburn.. it says cannot put 704 MB on 702 MB disk.. Maybe thats the maximum my raw CDs can hold, so i cannot overburn? (i have no experience in overburning)

K i didnt know about 800 MB CDs, so i will try to get them also...

You can increase the overburn limit in nero configuration. The amount of extra data you can squeeze on a CD depends a lot. On your CD burner, on Nero's mood, on the brand of CD-Rs, on the specific CD you put in.

720mb on a cd should be quite easy to over burn to. most software should support overburning. i can get 770 easily without any problems reading it again etc with my NEC 3520. and yeah, it helps a lot, let me stress again, A LOT, to have good quality cds.

You can increase the overburn limit in nero configuration.
If the size of the file that i want to burn is 720 MB, under option-->Expert Features, what should I enable ?

A- Relative maximum overburning size

B- Absolute maximum overburning size

Note: I have got Nero V7

from what I have heard extreme overburning can lead to unreliable reads on some CD/DVD players as the factory default is not to read beyond a certain threshold. If using it on your own system, that's ok, but bear in mind, not everyone may be able to read it.

for all the effort it is waste of time to try and save that last little bit
get dvd shrink its free --->Here
it will shrink your movies to fit the disc the quility is like a good vhs
don't forget to donate if you like it

No illegal activities ok? lol

Also the guy that made/updated the program now works for nero ahead, he doesn't really need the money.

ha

Edit: oh i thought you had gone to the main site or something.

Samstoned said:
for all the effort it is waste of time to try and save that last little bit
get dvd shrink its free --->Here
it will shrink your movies to fit the disc the quility is like a good vhs
don't forget to donate if you like it

That doesn't help much (at all) if he has a 720meg divx file he wants on a CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back