7600GT Palit or MSI ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ossett

Decided to buy a 7600GT for my aging pc and my nearest computer shop only has 2 manufacturers Palit and MSI.

Can anyone recommend either of them, or tell me your horror stories, the prices are close and the cards seem to be identical so i'm having a tough time choosing.

I'll leave it up to you guys to decide for me. Any links to sites that review and rate video card manufacturers would be highly appreciated also.

Thanks in advance :)

Palit, is that a knockoff company. I definately know of MSI, firstly, what's the price on these things so we know you're not getting ripped.

gddr3 is better, but msi's warranty is better and obviously he's not looking to have issues. I guess it is a tossup, the gddr3 will give you at most maybe 5fps depending on what game you're playing. Personally I like performance but I look for warranties too.

If I could get a few recommendations for Palit i'll go with it purely for the DDR3 but if both companies are largely unknown i'll have to go with the MSI for the warranty like ssbrada says.

Still a few more days to go before I make my decision, i'll keep scouring the internet and checking back here, bound to find something out eventually about these manufacturers.

Take your time. I'm in the states and the only 7600GT's I found were XFX and Leadtek. There are more than that, but not for AGP. MSI's are around here but Palit not for what you're looking at. good luck

My 7900gs is a palit. And although its not the same card and although you're probably not gonna overclock it, palit have a good rep for overclocking which kind of points towards decently built cards imho.
ande DDR3 is plus too.

supersmashbrada said:
yeah palit is geared towards overclocking, that's why the warranty sucks on it.

yeah, i would imagine.
But if you aint gonna overclock it, then it should last without problems.

Thanks again folks, although i'm not interested in overclocking at the moment I do want a robust card that ain't going to be giving me grief. All I wanted to know is that other people have used these manufacturers and haven't had cards blow up on them after a month, so considering the ddr3 it looks like i'm going for the Palit :)

You're all stars, thanks!

I had a MSI Radeon 9600XT for a couple years without problems.

Maybe pick the one that looks the coolest.

I like MSI as a brand so I tend to favor it but Nvidia will only partner with companies that will not screw up their reputation and adhere to certain standards. ATI too, for that matter. So, I think Palit should be okay as a brand or they wouldn't be around in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back