7900gt in SLI vs. 7950Gx2

Status
Not open for further replies.

PikaChop

which is better like in as getting more frames per second (FPS) for games like FEAR COD2 BF2 obilivion etc?
i hear some great news of the 7950gx2 but how well would the 7900 gt do when in sli.

They're both good cards, but the geforce 7950 gx2 will probably not be as good as the other in sli mode. This is what I think due to the fact that the 7950 is meant for people who want sli, but can't have it. Look at some charts comparing the two, and they should show the differences. Also note that the 7950 will not work in sli unless you are a trained professional, and know what you're doing. Nvidia doesn't support this.

If you have a motherboard that will give you full x32 bandwidth using SLI, I think the 2x 7900's will run better, but I can't be sure about that.

My board(A8N32-SLI DELUXE) supports x32 bandwidth in SLI, but the 7950 only gets x24 total due to limitations with the chipset(x16 for one gpu, x8 for the second). Not sure if that would make the two 7900's better, as they might not take up the full bandwidth provided.

The dual 7900gts will be better. The 7950GX2 is desiigned for either people who want SLI with only one PCI-E slot or for Quad-SLI for people who want insane amounts of AA and AF. Unless you plan on at least 8XAA and 32X AF, the 7900GTs will outperform the 7950s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back