80mm Fan compatible SLK800 from Thermalright at CeBIT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arris

thermalright-slk-800_sm.jpg

From Anandtech:

This cooler is a larger version of their SK6, for usage with an 80mm fan. Considering how great the SK6 performed in our cooler tests, with just an 60mm fan, we have great expectations for the SLK800's performance. Thermalright also presented lots of other high-end models, and so did their competitors. By the end of each CeBIT day, we were loaded with heatsink samples - AnandTech's next cooler roundup will be exciting.

Surprised that the SLK800 isn't a mercedes?
Its more of a Rolls Royce in my opinion ;) :grinthumb

I have been hugely impressed by the performance of my SK6 from ThermalRight. This up and coming model has a mounting for an 80mm fan. This could be a trend that many manufacturers will follow since there have been adapter kits available for a while. I wonder if this new offering when it is paired with a high CFM 80mm fan will give the performance of the SK6 with a Delta 7000rpm fan. If it does then it will be the next socket A HSF that I would be considering purchasing.

This thing looks awesome. I'm sure this would be my HSF upgrade from my current GlobalWin WBK38 :D

Now that is alot of copper, imagine the pennies you could make from that, wait, pennies are worthless, imagine the heatsink you could make from that many pennies. I wonder if it would fit in my case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back