81000306 cannot sign in to Live Messenger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully this will help others.

I have been 3 weeks on the problem of suddenly not being able to sign in to Live Messenger (with Plus) for 3 weeks, from my quick launch or toolbar. MSN tried to help me by way of about 8 e-mails. I spent the best part of 3 weeks searching the internet for 'new' clues because I had exhausted everything else. Deleted stuff in the registry as per instructions, re-set my firewall half a dozen times. Did msnmg.txt tests to send to MSN support. In the end they decided it was most definitely my router. I contacted my server and was told to temporarily disabled my router's firewall. Nope ! Nothing. Well, you name it and I had done it. I also downloaded L.M 8.1 and 7.5 at least 8 times (uninstalled and reinstalled). Two hours ago I stumbled on somebody's advice to at least sign in to Webmessenger for the time being. I did this and signed in. Then Webmessenger asked if I would like emoticons so I thought why not .......and it took me through to Live Messenger (oh not not again .....yawn!!)......but instead of downloading I decided to 'launch' it and I clicked on 'repair' L.M. I watched as it took out old files and put in new ones. I restarted and YAY IT WORKED !!!!!!! (by the way I had done at least 20 repairs from my desktop through Live Messenger, to no avail, but it all came together through Webmessenger). I can now sign in once again from my desktop.

Really hope this helps somebody else with this problem.

i need some help real bad ok im getting this error but i have done absolutely everything i can find to fix it i have done what windows live messenger has told me to do nothing i have tryed what other ppl tell me what to do nothing but here is the weird thing i cant sign in on my account on my pc but i can sign in on my wifes wait it gets weirder i can sign in to windows messenger but not windows live messenger and i can sign in through hotmail i cant even sign in to my account through another pc i am desperate for some help plz i have been 2 weeks without it i need it back

xxxxxxwhiteguy, this thread is 4 months old. I suggest you start separate thread of your own. Also suggest a change a part of your user name. This is a family board and the slang name is not appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back