8800 GT grpahics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

matace50

Im trying to upgrade my pentium 4 3.0 ghz w/ht, 3gig ddr2 memory(667hrz),
and X600 256Mb computer so that it has a evga 8800 GT OC 512MB. Do you think, with this new graphics card, i will be able to run the latest games at at least medium settings?

the easiest way to figure out if you can run it is to first get the card, and then go to systemrequirementslab.com. when you go to that site, download the java plugin they ask you to install, and then just click the down arrow on the main site and pick a game. it will tell you if your computer can run it.

if you just want a personal opinion, then i think yeah you could certainly run a lot of the latest games. you'd be better off with a dual core rather than just a pentium 4 single core, but i think it should do the job.

ok thx. My computer doesnt allow me to upgrade to a core 2 duo(dell dimension e510), but do you know how i can tell if my computer allows me to run a dual core processor from AMD?

motherboards are brand specific. they're either intel or AMD, and seeing as you already have an intel, there is no way you can get an amd. they use 2 different sockets. AMD uses AM2, and intel uses LGA775.

if you can't get a dual core intel, you can't get a dual core anything...sorry. it looks like you're stuck with the pentium you have, unless you can find another pentium that's faster and uses the same socket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back