8800GTS Released XFX On Newegg!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah finally...

I saw that earlier today too, on the site I do my shopping on, tigerdirect.ca

It's smart how they used the numbers in between 512 and 1024, such as 640MB and 768MB, so that people won't have to financially struggle to buy a 1GB card (since usually the amount of video card RAM always doubles).

Nonetheless, they still don't come cheap...no less than $600 canadian...I know I won't be getting that anytime soon, heh...

WOW...F1N3ST's second card...the first one is cool, the second one is extreme. GeForce 7950GX2 is also cool, though.
--kitty500cat

So now that the 8800 is out, will there be an 8850 or even an 8900 or 8950 later?

Is anybody going to buy one of these soon? Because I'm thinking of buying a 8800GTS, and the new nforce mobo for my new gaming comp.

If these r this good, I bet the 8600GT (is that what its gonna be called?) is gonna pwn even a 7900GTX or a GX2.

The new cards are DX10 capable, but DX10 doesn't officially come out until Vista.

Can you imagine how much power these new cards will need?? Especially if you run them in SLI.

That's insane! If video cards are like this now, what will they be like in five or ten years?

Umm, I dont really see a purpose of any power beyond these. The more textures etc, the more expensive the game.

TigerDirect's site said:
DirectX 10 improves the graphics, security, and performance of your operating system. Download and install this update for your Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, or Windows XP-based system.

lol :) DX10 is only for Vista. Am I correct? :)

Those cards make my X850 look like a 486 processor :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back