9.0 graphic adapters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I have the sims2 installed and when I went play it I got a message stating...failed to find any direct 9.0 compatible graphics adapters in this system...what happen I have been playing this game forever now this can anyone help me please I am missing my sims family...:eek:

Sounds like you might have a problem with your graphics drivers.

Can you run 'dxdiag' from the run oprion on the Start Menu?
Does that give you any errors in any of the graphics tests?

Do you have problems in other games?

Same problem here.

talt007 said:
Hello,
I have the sims2 installed and when I went play it I got a message stating...failed to find any direct 9.0 compatible graphics adapters in this system...what happen I have been playing this game forever now this can anyone help me please I am missing my sims family...:eek:
I am having the same problem as talt007. I recently just brought "The Sims 2" and I do have a video card, but I do not know which manufacture it is. I have installed it properly, and I do have a fast computer and the right requirements...but it keeps coming up with the same message ..."Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system." But people keep giving me the same advice..."Go to your manufacture's website and download DirectX 9.0c...but I can't just simply crack open my mum and dads computer to see what video chip Ive got...So if someone could just tell me what maufactures there are, this couldnt just help me, it could also help talt007 and others with this problem.

Yours Sincerly,
EdAn.

Thank-you. Please give me some useful advice. Also, talt007, if you get a suggestion to this, please tell me.

Right click on your desktop, scroll down to properties. Click on the settings tab, click the advanced button and select adapter. This will tell you what graphics adapter you have.

hey there talt, edan.... right click on my computer... then click properties....then click on device manager.....check if there's a little yellow sign next to your display adapters. If there is one, just re-install your graphics drivers from your motherboard cd. Re-install directX 9.0c after doing this.

Edan, from your explanation, i cannot tell whether you actually have directX 9.0c installed... if u do not have it you can get it here... http://www.canadiancontent.net/tech/download/DirectX_9.0C.html

Spyder_1386 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back