90*c CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstpaintball

Motherboard Monitor and Hmonitor are reading my CPU temp at about 90*c. Is this possible? I haven't crashed yet and this computer has been on for as long as about a hour at these temps, or could my thermal censor be malfunctioning? The fan on my cpu is working, and there is a fan in my powersupply that blows or intakes right onto my CPU fan.

I have a P4 2.66ghz.

Also they are reading my case temp about about 32*c right now, but I currently have the top of my case off and the side of my case off.
Sticking my hand into various areas of the case it feels very cool in there.

Any ideas? Is there a way to get BIOS temp readings? Or am I mistaken.

Thanks

Feel your heat sink for the cpu if u cant keep ur hand on it without it burning ur cpu is too hot. Which i dont think is the case cause if ur cpu was overheating than ud find really sluggish performance of ur computer. Maybe ur temp is multiplyed or something

Try a program called SpeedFan and let me know the temps it reads than,

My case is 18C and my my CPU is 29C, but my room is a ice cube, i have 4 case fans inside. I have my window open and its minus temps outside and i got a big fan blowing at my computer.

Thats pretty warm but it seems like the temp. protection would of kicked in .. try getting rid of one of the monitor programs sometimes with two installed it gives false readings seen this in the past.

Ok this is what Speedfan is reading:

Temp1: 38*c
Temp2: 41*c
Temp3: 39*c
Local Temp: 47*c
Remote Temp: 55*c
HD0: 43*c

Stays pretty stable at these temps once the computer has been on for about 30 minutes. I've also put the side and the top back on my case. Most of the reading have a blue arrow pointing down, or a green checkmark and every once in awhile a red checkmark pointing up for only a few minutes.
Remote Temp has a little fire located next to it though. Out of all the temps this one rises the most from when the computer is started. When the computer is started, I think it reads about 45*c, but about 30 minutes later its at about 55*c and stays pretty stable right there.

This computer used to run cooler, but I just added a BFG 6800GT 256mb. Also, I'm not sure if this would contribute to higher temperatures or not, but I'm running my whole system off a NMB 270w power supply.
P4 2.66
512mb 2100 DDR
BFG 6800GT 256mb
DVD-RW
CD-Rom 40x

Im not sure how many temp sensors ur motherboard has, i thought they'd just put one but you might have two.
Try this have your computer at idle for a while so temps get stable, than open a whole bunch of programs as quick as u can, and the temp that rises the alot will be ur cpu temp, though i believe ur cpu temp is the one that reads 55C. Wats the usual temp of ur room? 55C is not 2 bad.

If i turn off my 4 case fans, and have the panels on with a room temp of about 23C my cpu temp is around 46C idle and in the 50's when its being used normally. If you take off your panel and u dont have any case fans the "case temp" will drop quite a bit, but the cpu temp will only drop a little. With case fans best temps are achieved with the panels on.

Your harddrive is about in the normal range for a case with no fans. Does Speedfan read ur cpu fan speed? What does it read maybe its starting to fail a new fan might yield lower cpu temps.

PS dont mess with the clock feature of speedfan, if you are the least bit unsure of what your doing u could mess up your cpu. The S.M.A.R.T. feature is nice to get detailed harddrive info. Good program to monitor temps and control fan speed.

This BFG 6800GT 256mb would increase your case temps a little bit .. You can buy a pci fan they work great and have it blow right on it...

That new graphics card just added another 100Watt to the needs of the computer. Your powersupply must be running red hot to cope with demand (and increase the PC-temperature accordingly!)
You should get yourself a new PSU in the 400w or higher range. Look for other PSU posts in this and the CPU-mobo forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back