9600 Pro not utilising AGP 8x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all! Have been reading your forums for a while now (not being registered), and now its come down to me asking for help!

I am running a 9600Pro on a MS6712 Mobo, but it doesnt let me set the option to use 8x AGP even though both say they are compatible. I change it using the card properties, and it says restart and then changes it back to none 8x am running xp pro, with 512 333mhz ram, and a 2600XP+.

Im stumped for ideas but im sure im doing something wrong, any help would be greatly appreciated
:blush:

Make sure you set AGP 8x in your mainboard bios, otherwise you won't be able to select this setting in the driver.

okay ta, how would i do that? lol Im not a complete newbie to it all, i can sort of make my way around most things, but bios and stuff ive never really used before! :)

I just checked the manual for your mainboard. It only supports up to AGP 4x speed apparently. Looks like you are out of luck.

1. Press 'Del' key during boot to enter bios setup.

2. Navigate to 'Advanced Chipset Features'.

3. Navigate to 'AGP Timing Control'.

4. Navigate to 'AGP Mode'.

5. Select desired setting if available.

6. Save and exit the bios.

Note: The spec page says AGP 8x is supported, so it may be that the bios pages of the manual are out of date.

Thanks for the advice will give it a shot tommorrow.

The manual ive got says that agp 4x and 8x are supported so hopefully it will work!

Ta for the helpful and quick response :)

Okay have tried what you described and i found the option. However it is set to "auto" and thus unchangeable. Anyway to get around this? or does this mean its stuck like this.

Thanks for the help again :)

Have you tried changing it? (use 'Page-Up', 'Page-Down', or press 'Enter').

Failing that try reading the manual.

You can generally change the value with the +/- keys on the numeric keypad too.

The option is blanked out (well in a light colour) so that you cant even select it :( Ah well thanks for your help anyway, your all great :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back