9800pro s-video out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

larg0

i have a radeon 9800 pro with a regular vga port, a dvi port, and an svideo port. for xmas i got an svideo to phono (i think thats what they're called...just regular tv input like the yellow/red/white things) converter. i dont know what to do besides plug one end into my video card and the other into my tv...but it certainly doesnt look right. the display looks like a messed up vhs tape with lines that keep going up the screen and i cant make out anything on the tv at all. when i play with the settings in the ati display thing i see it change very slightly and my tv hums a bit.

what else can i do?

[edit:] also, i had to click 'force detection of my tv' in the options for it to show up at all

S-Video is only a video out so ur only plugging in the yellow right? Does your convertor have white and red, cause it shouldnt?

Well your normal monitor projects a image at 1080p (if i recall correctly) where as your TV will only operate (unless its equiped with high def) at 720i.
Basically, your tv will produce a much crappier image.

Also, what brand of card is this? Saphire is known for nonfunctional or semifunctional Svideo outs, and your using a converter, so the quality is not going to be of the highest standards.

i have done all these things

also, i'm not saying its bad quality...thats a gross understatement...i mean its godawfullinesrunningupanddowncantseeathing quality...like the refresh rate is messed up or something...but theres no where to change stuff like that for the tv monitor in the settings

i dont know what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back