9800xt problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i posted in another thread, but for 2 days i got no response.

i just upgraded from a 128mb geforce fx5200 to a 256mb radeon 9800xt. now just like ydiss, i was expecting some serious upgrades in the form of FPS. i play americas army. however, after i uninstalled all of my nvidia omega drivers, then used driver cleaner, uninstalled my 5200, installed my 9800xt, and installed the ati omega drivers, i noticed a DECREASE in FPS while playing americas army. i need help!

AMD Athlon 1800+ ~1.53ghz
512 mb pc2700 ram
ATI Radeon 9800xt
40 gig Maxtor HD
ASROCK K7S41GX mobo
300w power supply*

*I was thinking this might be the problem? if not im thinking it could be a bottleneck in my system somewhere....

well i looked into my bios, my agp aperture was at 64mb. so i set it at 256.

i went back into bios, found that my primary display was PCI, so i set it to AGP. then i found that the speed was set at auto, so i set it to 8x. lastly i found fastwrite was enabled, so i set to to disabled. still no dice.

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=8354497

Try installing the video driver again. Ive had to do that a few times. Also get the latest driver from ATI. The one that came with the card is probably out of date. You should see a major improvement with that card. I had a 5200 in my other PC and it sucked. My old Radeon 8500 ran circles around it. How good is your power supply? That 9800XT needs alot of quality current and a cheap PS wont cut it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back