_NEC DVD_RW ND-2500A (Help Needed!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandeep14

recently my computer was filled with spyware, so i thought id reboot the whole system and start fresh again. i backed up all my files.

and now i have reinstalled windows XP, and the system cannot detect my dvd writer or dvd rom.

my dvd write is the NEC DVD ND-2500A
and my dvd rom is the IDE DVD ROM 16X

i have tried everything i can, i just dont know what to do, and i need them working as soon as possible.

i have a driver cd, which can restore everything back to the defaults. but i cannot use it as none of my cd drives are working.

please could someone help me out here as i feel stranded. i start college in 2 days time, and i need them working asap.
i would be veryu gratefull to whoever can help me out.

also please could you have a look at the attachment in this post. i have taken a screenshot of what the details say.

thank you very much.

could it be an IO conflict...u say you rebooted the pc b4 try it again but dissconnect the cdrom and reboot from the dvdrw...this is a simple prob that any1 should b able to T/S .... try this

put ur winxp cd or prefeered os in the cd turn it on if it says press any key to boot then youre cdr is all good...

if you suspect its the registry then a good couple of formats may do the trick...

could the cdr dvdrw be experiencing shock?

im not sure, but in the screenshot it says its the registry. i dont even know much about registrys.
the cd i reinstalled XP from was a "dell" cd, my pc's brand is "tiny". i didnt get a copy of windows XP when i bought my pc.

gnite to all from kiwiland its 10.39 pm in nz and even us geeks need a rest so til then i will check all mail in12hrs otherwise txt or sms problems to nz 0210653023 i run a free troubleshooting hotline that runs 24/7

Uninstall both drives from Device manager, reboot and let Windows reinstall the drivers for them.

thank you all for your input adn help.

are there any other solutions to this probelm if any?

thanks once again!

99% of the time uninstalling and rebooting will fix optical drives problems, unless the problem is hardware related, e.g. bad IDE cable, bad drive, and not software related.

On bios boot up press the DEL key or F1 , see if all the disk drives are dectect .

like the other mention it could be a bad windows registry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back