A bell and whistle

Status
Not open for further replies.

XtR-X

Hey guys, I was wondering, is there any way on Windows XP to make your ALT-TABs instant? Like on 98 and 2k for the most part, you hit alt tab and it imidiately switches over to the other window or app. On XP theres a short time of stall and a little preview feature.
Is there any way to turn that off to make it instant (without changing the windows theme to default)?

I imagine that its some effect that causes this, although I have now decided that Windows XP is just annoying anyway.

Try this:

Right Click my computer, properties, advanced, performance, visual effects.

DEFINATELY turn off the three mentioned FADE effects.

If that doesn't make the performance run as you desired, its time to start turning other effects off as well.

I know this is possible, I do it on my box, but I don't know how I got it to work that way. I think it was in TweakXP. Give that a shot, search around for everything and if it's not there I'll try to look around and see if I can't figure it out.

Oh you mean turn off the preview feature?

Did you install the XP plus pack? That's got a fairly mean and heavy task switcher, laden with colorful previews... You could install that if possible? Isn't the generic XP one a lot more lightweight than that?

That's it phantasm66, I remember I installed all the extra packs, turned out I didn't like hardly any of them, so i uninstalled them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back