A BIG microsoft WORD problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhinit90

i have a problem opening a specific word file whose size is ~775 MB.
on opening it the computer seems to freeze for a few minutes and then a pop-up comes up telling me that it is too big ( greater than 32 MB)and so word will not open it.

is there a way to go round this problem or any other suggestions plz tell me.

My pc is:-
P4 519 2.93 Ghz.
1 gb ram.

Waiting for your reply
---Abhinit

Are you sure it actually is a word file and not something else with a .doc extension?

fyi: PDF995 will create a Word -> PDF document using a print-driver.

Going from PDF->Word requires other tools. suggest www.adobe.com

abhinit90 said:
i actually converted a pdf document into a word docement.
Ouch! Why would you do such a silly thing like that?? If that PDF happened to be a scanned image for example then the resulting Word document would contain images of the orginal PDF pages (resulting in a huge document). If you want to edit PDF files, get the real Acrobat suite from Adobe.

i converted the pdf files to word using pdf2word v 3.0.

as looking for a specific topic can be very slow so i tried to use word in place of it.
it previously worked but now it is giving a problem.
the earlier file was not the same file.

is there any other way of using pdf i have tried adobe 8 and foxit but they were slow for a 260 mb pdf file

I'm really curious.. Why do you have such huge PDF files? Where do you get them from? Maybe you should adjust some scanner or PDF generator settings to get sane documents out of it?

SLOW! at 280mb you're lucky anything can process it.

Like a previous comment, who distributes a PDF of this size ...
the Library of Congress Card File?

it is a whole 330 page book to be precise,could you give me any solutions.

or if tha answer to the original question isn't there then possible how to make the 260 mb file into parts of 20mb each.
thanks

You should have scanned that book with less detail and/or used some OCR software instead. Take a look at ABBYY FineReader - a superb program.

You can convert the PDF into smaller PDFs of X pages for example. I imagine you can do this automatically with GhostScript. Manually it would be something like printing 20 pages at a time to a PDF printer or using Acrobat to save the thing into many PDFs X pages at a time.

i actualy dont have the book but downloaded it from the internet,so i can't scan it with less detail
any other suggestions plz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back