A couple questions about spam

Status
Not open for further replies.

daddystabz

I received an e-mail this evening from my ISP, Road Runner, stating that they received complaints about my account being used to send unsolicited spam e-mails to other members and urging me to take action. This is of no action of my own and I fear I may have gotten a worm on the machine. I now went in and turned on Windows Firewall and I am asking if any of you could suggest a really good spam blocker?

Also, I used to have AVG Anti-Virus and purchased the code for it to register it for full functionality. Several months ago though one of my hard drives crashed and AVG was gone. I reinstalled it now but cannot seem to find how to re-register my code I purchased so that I will once again have the full functionality.

Can anyone help me with these 2 issues and possibly suggest any additional measures I should take?

Thanks!

First of all, it's important to know if your system is clean or not.

You need to have a read of this - If your system is infected. Read this before deciding whether to CLEAN or REFORMAT.

Then if you should wish to proceed with cleaning your system you need to go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, Combofix, and AVG Antispyware logs as ATTACHMENTS into this thread, only after doing the above.

This thread is for the use of daddystabz only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

why PAY for an anti-virus? There are several that are free.
Also use an anti-trojan program like spybot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back