A dog bite me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I'm having a problem with "whataboutadog". This dog kicked out avast and windows defender.

I've read other threads here about the same problem, including the preliminary removal instructions, and followed the first instructions.

I installed AVG antivirus and AVG spyware.
I installed HJT and renamed the executable to Crusty.exe.
I installed FindAWF.
I had SS&D and Ad-Aware SE Personal, but I don't know if the dog also bite them.
I have run Ccleaner, Smitfraudfix, VirtumundoBeGone, and VundoFix.
I downloaded the Panda Antirootkit and ComboFix, but I have not run them yet.

I'm attaching the logs from HJT and FindAWF. The log from FindAWF was broken in two pieces due to the limit of 100KB.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Hector

Attachments

• awf1.txt
    92.8 KB · Views: 6
Oh my god, that`s really very bad.

In fact, it`s the worst I`ve ever seen. It`s so bad, I advise you to reformat and reinstall.

Regards Howard :)

I can't reinstall, at least not now, any other solution?

I noticed that the bulk in the FindAWF log is from JBuilder. I can unistall JBuilder if that helps. In fact, I'm not sure if JBuilder creates automatically these "bak" directories.

Thanks

Ok, you could try the removal instructions, I`ve only just written in this thread HERE.

However, I warn you, that in your case, it`s going to take rather a long time to complete.

Post back here when you`ve done.

This thread is for the use of encapuchado only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Hi,

It seems that the "bak" directories from JBuilder were legit. They only contained backups from the java sources. Anyways, I deleted these directories and that reduced the bak entries just to a few number.

I followed your instructions and it looks like there are no more bak directories. Of course, I don't know if the machine is clean or not. I'm attaching the FindAWF (option 1) and HijackThis logs in case you want to see them.

Thanks,

Hector

Very well done, your log files are clean.

However, in the interests of making sure your system is really clean, please do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the Panda Antirootkit scan.

This thread is for the use of encapuchado only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back