A dozen PC's for sale - but what are they worth?

I have the unruly task of unloading about 12 PC's for my company. We are going to discount the price to the public but I first want to see what they are worth. Please keep in mind that I don't have the time to piece them out...

2.40GHz/800 FSB, P4, Dell Pecision 360 MiniTower, 512k full speedcache
256MB,400MHz, Double Data Rate SDRAM, ECC, 2X128
nVidia, Quadro NVS 280, 64MB, dual VGA, Graphics Card
40GB Hard Drive, IDE (ATA-100), 1inch, 7200 RPM
3.5" floppy, 48X CD-ROM
Energystar, Sleep State 3
Performance USB Keyboard (8 Hotkeys) and mouse w/ scroll

Go easy on me, I know they're not super computers

You didnt mention the OS but I will assume XP Pro.

They (as you know and stated) are very low end machines. The fact that they use ECC ram also makes upgrades a little more pricey.

Are you trying to sell them as a lot?

If you look a few threads down you can see that machine with better specs selling for 200, but that comes with a nice 19" LCD

100 bucks each? Eh i am not sure though. One half of me thinks that is low, but the other half of me says that is all I would pay.

Really depends on your audience. I work at a university, and there is a message board where people can buy and sell stuff. There is also a city board where people can buy and sell stuff. If you want more money you try and sell on the city board because college kids are cheap and they know more about the product.

You could probably sell them individually to middle class households for $200 and they might think that is a great deal, esp if they are still using a sub 2 Ghz machine. Sell it here on campus and you'd probably get $50 for it.

Re:

The OS is XP but I am not sure how the licensing will work out and they are business machines.... most likely they are going to be wiped clean.

As far as selling them as a lot it all depends. We are giving employees and their friends/family first dibs... after that if we can get rid of the remainders all at once it would be the most convenient. I'm assuming that lot pricing will lower the cost even more but they are of no value to us sitting in storage.

Back