A new error in event viewer (screenshot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ejames82

About 3 weeks ago, I decided to make an effort to monitor the info in the event viewer. the errors that existed were reviewed by experts and dismissed as harmless. this is a new error message that I wish to have reviewed in the same way. see the screenshot that I've included.
is this error something that I should be concerned about? if so, is there anything I can do to fix it? knowledgeable members please.
thanks again.

Attachments

• april eight error.JPG
    april eight error.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 15
DataStore is used by WIndows updates. Looks like Automatic Updates tried to open the database file and found it already opened by something else.

It could be just a glitch in the updates system or maybe you did something like being on the WU page and starting the AU service.

I'd say you can ignore it for now. If these keep coming back, start looking for problems.

could i also lick the problem by re-configuring the settings in the windows updater? i like to be notified of the update, but i prefer to do it manually.
thanks again.

Uhm.. Yes, I'm sure ejames is running an Exchange server and the screenshot posted was a fake one.

nodsu and CCT,
this is no chicanery by me. this is a genuine error message from my computer's administrative tools>event viewer. i have been through my files and folders a few times, and none of those files look familiar (except WINDOWS, of course). i didn't even know there was such a thing as data store.
i am somewhat still a newbie. the microsoft link didn't shed much light on the subject. the subject matter may be too advanced for me. i'll check it over again, but all i could think to myself was "huh?".
maybe you're suggesting that it's a "techno-glitch" and i misunderstand, but i insist that this is not a prank by me.
thanks for the replies.

Nah! Nodsu was telling me I am an ***** - I simply linked to one of only 2 references I could find. The other is here:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb217804.aspx

If you READ these items you will notice that file extensions .edb in data storage are involved (similar to yours).

I was merely trying to set you on a path to follow.

I expect Nodsu shall now point you to the solution.

:)

CCT,
no problem. your heart was in the right place. an error in reference to the error.
after a long day at work, i needed a little laugh.
thanks for the reply, and the link.

Well, I was given BAD KARMA for trying to help.

The ESENT error 490 event 1032 can apparently be caused by permissions problems OR due to antivirus interferance, both pointed out from the sites I linked.

Do a Google for 'ESENT 490 1032 '

In any event, I am done posting here - gl with this.

:)

CCT,
the good outweighs the bad. you're help opened my eves to the possibility that i may have to uninstall/reinstall my AV. one could clearly see that you meant well.
thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back