A Privacy Concern

running

I take it that you’re all familiar with stuff like this already, but I can’t help thinking that one day it may become mandatory that we all carry chips like this.

The microchip, the size of a grain of rice, is implanted in the arm or hip. Hospital officials and security guards use a scanning device to download a serial number, which they then use to access blood type, name and other information on a computer.

Here is the link.

Now they just need to add satellite tracking and there will be no more crime (or much less). Personally, I think its a great idea, at least if you have nothing to hide.

I'm sure noone minds being arrested and interrogated just because they happened to share a bus seat with a person of Middle-East origin..

And I'm sure you would love everyone knowing that you went to an abortion clinic or a rehab facility..

And of course, it would be absolutely okay to have 3 security guards stalking you in a mall just because you were arrested for shoplifting when you were 16..

this kind of reminds me of

the matrix/kobe bryant/big brother/ eye in the sky/ blade runner/terminator/soylent green/running man/auchwitz.........oh, look, rotate the camera, nic's takin a @$#%%^$^$

Captain Cyborg is involved here, I'm almost sure of it. Fro those of you unfamiliar with him, he is the ***** who implanted something best described as a miniature garage door opener into his arm and called himself a cyborg. He is also the person who was behind the idea to implant all children with GPS, so they would be easier to find if they went missing.

Originally posted by Nic
Now they just need to add satellite tracking and there will be no more crime (or much less). Personally, I think its a great idea, at least if you have nothing to hide.
Actually, I am only kidding. Of course no one likes being watched, or tracked, or followed. Stands to reason, doesn't it.

Thing to remember is that it is impossible to physically track, and watch everyone, and if computers were doing the tracking, then how can your privacy be invaded? A computer is not a living being. If access to tracking information had to be granted via a court order, then I don't see any problems. Murderers would be caught, criminals would not get away with crimes, people would behave themselves for fear of getting caught, privacy would not be invaded without good reason, lost family members could be found, people that are in danger could be found and rescued, so there are many good things, and few bad. Just so long as there is no free and easy access to info, and any info has various levels of access that can be set as appropriate to the situation, then I don't have any problem with it.

All that should be tracked is location, and no one would be able to see you, or listen in to conversations, etc. Knowing where someone is does not constitute loss of privacy. Also, your identity would be easy to establish, and access to vital information (drugs, credit card, home address, etc.) could easily be established if required. Can't see why anyone would be paranoid over this.;)

you, crack me up, nic

we're watching you, bro............yes, the squeeky clean, don't seem to mind dropping their drawers in public...........until, they find out, the guy at the other end of the surveillance tapes is..........jako!puke:

thx, storm

i was really, ......gonna roll with it..........of course, for the benefit of our euro constituents...............whom, seem to have this affinity for ..............jako....................but, my good buddy, alex, just loves seeing me bite the big one .......hehe,lol ......and i'd have to admit,........... i'd go out of my way to give it back ........at my age, who gives a rip..............i'm goin' out.........my way :giddy:

Back