A problem geting my wireless internet working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Tech Spot

I just got a wireless Linksys router and a Linksys wireless adapter for my laptop. I also have a pc but that is wired to an Ethernet cable of which is connected to the linksys router. The question is, I see a wireless connection on my laptop and I click connect, but a strange thing happens. It connects and disconnects....connects and disconnects....it does this until it comes to the point where it says "limited or no connectivity" and when I roll my curser over the connection is says "signal strength is very good" but it does not let me connect to the internet. Another thing, I put my wireless network setup cd into my laptop and click on wireless setup, and then I get the msg "no network adapter installed" but I have installed it and the software and everything. Additonaly I have tried setting up a ad-hoc and infastructure modes and they dont work either. I am a nub when it comes to networking, can some one please help me with this. Thanks. Here are the specs for my laptop. I have tried unpluging my 2.4 ghz phones but this did not work either. Im stuck...

Intel Centrino 1.8 ghz :(
90 gb hdd
1gb or ram
wireless G adapter 2.4ghz 802.11g
win xp w/ sp 2

If your Laptop is a Centrino, it should have an intel wireless card built in. Thats part of what makes a laptop Centrino.

Anyway, sounds like the problem may be interference, you said the phones have already been ruled out, anything else on 2.4GHz? Tried changing channel on the router? Maybe update the firmware on the router and the driver for the card?
Also, look in Network Connections, if you see anything called a MAC Bridge mini-port, get rid of it, it could be the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back