A question about In-Game graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

greatman05

Guys, this may sound like a completely *****ic question, but what can I do to force any game to play in 640x480 resolution for my underpowered pc? It can barely do anything at 800x600. Also, are there any tweaks for my graphics card, or are my expectations too high? (For system Specs, click my name and look under comp #1)

there is not a "single step" that forces all games to run at low res. you have to set each game to run like that via the game's settings.

as far as tweaks for your graphics card.. there are none. you have intel integrated graphics (they are about as bad as it gets). so yes, your expectations are high. what expansion slots do you have for a video card?

You can try THIS card. It's cheap and it's better than any intel graphics.

Also, you can "force" a game to run in 640*480 res.

1.- Right click the game's icon in your desktop
2.-Select properties
3.- Go to the compatibility tab
4.- Check the little box that says " Run in 640*480 res"
5.- Start the game, and it will run in that res.

Also, lower the game's graphical settings to the absolute minimum. It will look horrible, but should run faster.
Good luck!

Not necesarily. Some cheap, no name PSU's output for example just 200W, even if the PSU says 250W. The max power is the peak wattage they "can" output. That is never achieved though :(

greatman05 said:
When your PSU says 250W Max, does this mean that it is a 250W PSU?
technically yes.

but like wolfram said, that it a max output. it is rated to be able to put out 250w for a short period of time under specific conditions (proper input voltage, ambient temp, etc.) and cheap ones can never output what they say... ever.

also, the 250w means total wattage. it is a generic value and does not state how much power it can supply to each voltage rail (3.3, 5, 12) the 12v rail is the most important in a modern system in determining if the PSU is sufficient or not. the other two rails will almost always be enough. cheap PSUs will often state high wattages, but they will not be were it's needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back