KillaFx

Hey guys i have a quick question.
My computer specs are as follows.

Mobo:a8n32 Sli Deluxe Mobo
Ram:2 Gig pc3200
gfx:Nvidia7950
Hd:Rapter 7200 250Gig Sata
proc. Amd Athlon 64 fx-57

Ok for some reason when I play things on JAVA or do anything of that sort like encode a movie. MY cpu % goes very high near 100%. I remmember i used to have a P4 pc with 1 gig of ram and it used to rune Runescape at 33% CPU. Well i was wondering is it my CPU that sucks or is it sofware related.
Oh yah when i play Counter-Strike or any OpenGL games my cpu% seems to be fine.

I'd be surprised if encoding a movie doesn't utilize close to 100% of the cpu.

You gotta compare apples to apples, run the same things, and if cpu utilization is still higher on your newer rig, then there might be something a little off...

I think its utilization, might just be the program. If more problems persist look into better ram or cpu overclocking

Zzz... If he wanted to overclock, it would have been done ages ago. Nobody buys FX chips for the heck of it. Unless it was secondhand or something....

Better RAM/CPU overclocking wouldn't solve anything, if it had something to do with the JAVA program itself.

that's true, I dont work java much, no need here, from what i read some java scripts can pull your pc down to hell

wow guys thanks for the quick post! yup CMH apples to apples my newer rig which is supposably better does way worse. Do you guys think its a software issue?

We're concluding that its software, and not hardware, yes you have it right, you shouldnt worry much at all

I'm assuming you're running runescape on your FX57.

Might be JAVA requiring more CPU cycles? It doesn't lag does it?

Nah it doesnt lag, but the thing is that it runs at 50% and then if i go to a place were there is allot of ppl its at 100% and it lags hell. And if i rune a Macro script cuz i Script in Pascal it laggs like hell. Should I reformat?

Edited for legal reasons.

Lol.

Might just be that Java's inefficient on AMD systems. Or that you've got other crap running in the background.

As for programming, I don't do programming, and I've got no clue what you're on about there :D

If its not causing trouble, I'd leave it alone. If you're only having problems with JAVA, I'd say reinstall JAVA and see what happens. Maybe try a different JAVA program. Worst case scenario, I'd reformat the comp, and see if things are better. This is considered pretty drastic tho, I wouldn't rush into reformatting my comp.

Hey, the best solution is to stop playing runescape. Worst game ever made. Go buy a REAL game and **** runescape. ;)

MetalX said:
Hey, the best solution is to stop playing runescape. Worst game ever made. Go buy a REAL game and **** runescape. ;)

lol i thought i /end thread this post for that exact reason. pfft

Well its not only on Runescape its on other Java things and Random things aswell like encoding a movie.

I think ts software issues with Java. you might just be beating a dead horse on this one. I think you're fine

As for encoding a movie, it's perfectly normal for CPU utilization to go up to 100%. Most programs that encode movies use 100% CPU usage all the time, and if you happen to have a fast processor then it will just finish the encoding a bit faster. If you really want to lower CPU usage while encoding a movie, just set the priority lower.

oh ok Thank You, I appreciate the help i think what im going to do is reinstall Java even though i have the latest version. And if problems persis but legit windows and reformat.

I just reinstalled Java and nothing, im beginning to think its my CPU, ram or my windows. Please give your opinions. Oh yah and by the way Windows recognizes 2 gigs of ram under my compter properties. It is cheap ram though if that might have anything to do with it. Thank You in advance Techspot members!
Have a nice night.
God Bless
-KillaFx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back