A start up problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
at the moment i am having a start up problem the computer starts but then the monitor wont come on nor the keyboard both of these are fairly old i am doing well with the monitor i know it is nearly 10 years old it is a daewoo one, and the keyboard i had before xp was even out, so i was wondering could it be these the power supply or even the motherboard ?

Its impossible for us to diagnose your problem with so little information. It would be like telling a car mechanic that your car wont start without telling him what car it is.

We need to know what your computer is.
We need to know the circumstances in which it began to fail.
We need to know it you have upgraded it at all recently.
We need to know what you have already tried/checked.

the trouble is it is a made one and all bits upgraded it has an ati graphics card it is 768mb ddr ram

it is a daewoo screen and i dont know the make of the keyboard but it is one of those that are suppose too work with the internet but this doesnt and i have too turn off and on too get it too go and a slow load up screen as well sometimes when it is turned on

We could still do with a bit more info. However, you do need to toss that keyboard in the garbage and get another one right off the bat. Considering you can get a new one for $5 and a good one for $20 to $30, its not worth arguing that point, lol.
Once you have done that then try your monitor on another system, perhaps a friends. If the monitor wont work on 2 systems then its likely dead. And you did say yours is ten years old. A lot of parts age wether they are on or not, kinda like a car, so its time for that monitor to hit the junkpile as well, in my opinion. They certainly arent worth repairing as you know. These days you can get a new monitor cheap, as well as taking a chance on a used one. You can get used ones in all cities and on forums as well.
Depending on your answers to the monitor, we can go from there.

i will try new keyboard the other thing is though, i would like too give you more info but i dont know how too bring up the bit where i can copy and paste everything for you, the system specs

You dont have to be that complete, just the make and model of your mobo, same with video card, or if video is onboard, bit of info on cpu and ram, what cards you have in the slots, usb hardware, like that, not total specifics. You can look at other posts and see what i mean.
You can download aida or everest or other progs, use google to get them, free, and they will give system specs.
To cut and paste you can use a free prog like "printkey". But you dont really have to go that far.
There are likely some ways to "copy to text file" but i dont know about that.
I do it the hard way with printkey, lol.

Also, any info on the last prog you installed or anything you did before the problem happened to you, any changes at all.

Here is everest, it appears that you can download a trial version. I know in my version that i can go to "report" at top left and get a text copy of cpu or wherever i move to. I can move my mouse to other areas and then to report and get a text copy.
You can try that for now and for future use. It also has a heading for your motherboard info and much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back