A Walkthough of my Wonder Windows

T

tifc8lraz

Well, around the time Vista came out, I said "I need to try this".....so I did, and I had issues with my monitor (would only go to 1024x768 on non-default nVidia Drivers). I finally fixed that issue a few months later by installing a sister-monitor driver. Then I noticed that my frame-rate did go down rather harshly in my games, and 2 of the games I bought could not be run. So finally I said "Screw it" and booted up my Xp install CD and started over back on Xp. I have a very "messed up" internet, where I lose connection whenever someone calls (I have 1.5MbPS DSL), although one thing that I didn't have with Vista was the fact that I would lose my connection at least once per hour :S . So after today, while playing Team Fortress 2, I lost it and said, "Back comes Vista", so I used Partition Magic, and more-or-less partitioned my hard-drive in half, and then plopped in my Vista disc, and installed. After the installation, I transferred my 18Gb Steamapps folder here ( :rolleyes: ), and now I have to restart to get rid of that nagging, and quite stupid UaC so I can access and install all the programs I need like xfire, and to access my other partitions documents.

So, moral of story is, Partition your hard drive and see if you have problems so you can revert back much easier :p .

cfitzarl said:
I have to restart to get rid of that nagging, and quite stupid UaC so I can access and install all the programs I need like xfire, and to access my other partitions documents.
That's odd, I haven't disabled UAC - only disabled it switching to a secure desktop mode so that it works faster - and I haven't had any problems accessing other partitions.

I'm not sure what happened. I tried to access the my documents folder on my xp partition, and it 1/2 froze and then told me I didn't have permission. I disabled UAC, restarted, and it was fine. I couldn't install xfire either because of it.

there is mod for vista so you can take control over your stuff on your xp partition or whatever you need to,

you just hold shift and right click, i got it and it works fine, cant remember where from though, if i find it ill post a link

Back