System
XP 2500+
A7N8X-E Deluxe ver 1.01 BIOS 1013
Corsair 3200C2 (Approved RAM for MB)
WD 160 GB SATA
Artic Cooling 350W PSU
X1300 Pro AGP
PS2 Keyboard, USB Mouse

Built this system about 2 years ago and built it from scratch, during the build I did encounter some issues with the SATA drivers and XP, but this was just inexperience, all resolved.

Issue started about 3 months ago when all of a sudden the 9800 Pro card went pop or as I thought. So I purchased the installed x1300 Pro card and all was very well (Impressed by the £65 ~$120 upgrade). The machine now refuses to boot. Fans OK, internal LED OK, no keyboard lights (NUM LOCK) etc, flash at start as per normal boot.

I have an original Geforce 256 card (2x) which I installed, the ASUS woman borg voice tells me that I have a VGA issue but and doesn't boot.

Now I have an issue; it now seems that I now have a second AGP card that has gone on the blink... Odd I think, so now I am reduced to a 4Mb AGP Vanta card, just to be able to type this post.

Help, I'm struggling with this one, machine has not be OC'd or modified in any way, the case and all items have not been disturbed.
Reseated all the components and reset CMOS values, even changing the CMOS battery (I did have a spare).

I am at a loss, the machine now seems (Perception, I know!) to be running slower, but I am putting this down to the VGA card.

Help! (Please)

I've also read almost every A7N8X post on this board and googled the lot! Can any of the guru's out there hazard some assistance....

replace your PSU. If you're still having issues your motherboard is bad - it very well could be. I would replace both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back