A8V major problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put in a new A8V Rev 2.0 today with a AMD64 3500+ and after it was all put together I turn it on and I get nothing. All the fans come on, everything starts up but absolutely nothing else. The monitor stays blank and goes into power save mode. I'm about 2 seconds from throwing it out a window and buying an nForce board (previous was an nForce2). They have always been perfect. I'm using a single SATA HD in the Sata1 (non-raid) slot. 2GB of Geil mem and your other standard stuff (sound card, vid card). The machine is the same as the old one just new processor/mobo. Is the processor or mobo a DOA?

Ummm. I am not sure what you talking about, but I think you didnt read your motherboard book before you buy the cpu and ram. I dont think your a8v is doa, you should find the mobo manual and do some homework on your entire project and you will be glad you did!

Lucan, a.k.a The Reckoning

I think you need to do some homework yourself if you can't understand that. I have been building PCs for over a decade and my major is your basic CS. I'll just look at some other forums for help I guess...

Did you plug the 4-pin 12-volt square cable to the motherboard.......needed to power the processor.

krod said:
I think you need to do some homework yourself if you can't understand that. I have been building PCs for over a decade and my major is your basic CS. I'll just look at some other forums for help I guess...

I am sorry, krod, If you post your problemd in this techspot, you should do some homework on your computer before you post it, try find what mobo and cpu req specs. Beside I think Masque is right, did you plug 4 pin power from ATX12V Power supply? Also it is good idea to look for old post somewhere. :suspiciou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back