Abducted girls found dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantasm66

Like a great, great many people, I have closely followed the story of the Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman, two young girls who disappeared 2 weeks ago now.

I kept on turning on the news, hoping that they would be found. I thought that they would be found.

Its hit the news now that the bodies of Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman have been found. A young man and a young woman are in custody, arrested for their murder.

Agony of Holly and Jessica's parents
Sunday, 18 August, 2002, 20:10 GMT 21:10 UK

The families made a series of public appeals

The parents of schoolgirls Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman have spoken of the agony of losing their "gorgeous" daughters.
Police say that they are as certain as they can be that the bodies discovered in Lakenheath in Suffolk are those of the 10-year-old girls who went missing in Soham, Cambridgeshire, two weeks ago.

Acting Deputy Chief Constable Keith Hoddy read out a prepared statement on behalf of both sets of parents on Sunday evening.

In it, Nicola and Kevin Wells said: "Although still numb after losing our gorgeous daughter Holly, please accept our heartfelt thanks for everyone's help and support throughout this traumatic fortnight."

Both families asked for their privacy to be respected and police said it may be days before the girls' bodies are formally identified.

Police statement in full
Click here for full story
Sharon and Leslie Chapman added: "We would like to thank everybody for their kindness and support during this very tense and traumatic time, especially family, friends and the family liaison officers."

An ambulance carrying the two bodies has left the Lakenheath site for Addenbrooke's Hospital, in Cambridge where further forensic examination will be carried out.

Detectives have also been granted a 36-hour extension to continue questioning Soham college caretaker Ian Huntley, 28, and his girlfriend Maxine Carr, 25.

The bodies are to be moved to a Cambridge hospital

The pair appeared at separate closed hearings before magistrates on Sunday.

Mr Huntley is being held on suspicion of abducting and murdering Holly and Jessica.

Ms Carr, a teaching assistant in the girls' class last term, was arrested on suspicion of murdering them.

At Sunday's briefing in front of St Andrew's Church in Soham, Mr Hoddy called for a moment's silence in memory of the two girls.

He said: "Our heartfelt sympathy goes out to Holly's parents and brother and Jessica's parents and sisters at this ghastly time.

"An enormous effort involving hundreds of police officers, civilians and scores of experts worked tirelessly to trace the girls and the sense of sorrow is now felt acutely."

Church becomes tower of strength
Click here for full story
He went on, "Now is a time for quiet contemplation. It's a time to respect the grief of Holly and Jessica's families."

Earlier on Sunday hundreds of grief-stricken local residents had gathered at St Andrew's for a special service.

Reverend Tim Alban Jones, vicar of Soham, who has helped comfort the girls' families, said the whole of Soham felt "violated" by the events.

"These two lovely girls have been the first thoughts in our minds in the morning and the last thought in the night."

source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2201641.stm

Why, why why do people want to abduct and kill young children? Why do these people exist? I just can't understand it. I love children and I think that people who hurt them need to be burned.

I feel so sorry for those young girl's parents. I keep thinking about what it would be like if this happened to my young sister, who is 5. Its a horrible, horrible thought. My God its so monsterous....

My thoughts are with the familes of the girls...

Bring back hanging, thats what i say...

Or another form of Death thats painful and slow...
Nothing is to bad for these type of people...

Just having my 2'pennies worth...

Oh quite right man.

If its conclusively proved that someone did kill a child then they need to be publicly covered in petrol and set alight.

Originally posted by Phantasm66
they need to be publicly covered in petrol and set alight.

I couldn't agree more...

I read somewhere that it costs us - the taxpayers - a whopping £40,000 a year for each criminal to stay in jail...

£40,000!!!!! Jeez!
So if these two persons are convicted, sent to jail for say, 40 years, thats 80 years X £40,000 = ummm £3,200,000 !!!!! (plus inflation)...

3 Million Quid !!! As against maybe £1000 each for an execution...
(Although they'd have to conclusive proof of guilt)

Then they can put the money towards the N.H.S. , so the money would be spent on saving lives instead of on people who take lives...

Sorry if i seem to rant & rave - but it makes me mad!!!:mad:

I take it you are a dad?

I am not, but I am a brother to 2 young girls, 5 and 1 1/2.

Its clear to me that anyone who rapes and kills children forfeits their life.

Originally posted by Phantasm66
I take it you are a dad?

Ye, got 2 little ones.

Rose is 2.5 years old and Harry 4 months...

God knows what i'd do if that happenned to them.

My will to live would... well lets just say i don't want to think of it:dead:

I dont really know exactly what to say to these things, but whatever we do to these monsters, burn 'em, hang 'em, drown them in donkey piss while shoving bamboo under their fingernails and lashing them with a razor laced strap, none of this compares to the agony of their own personal Hells that await them when we get done with them. And with these types, the sooner the better if ya know what I mean.
Here stateside we have been having alot of this baby killing and such as of late. As a Father it makes me sad that this is the world we have to raise our children in. I get sick when I turn on the news to hear of another little girl disappearing into the night only to wind up dead at the hands of a sick man. What the Hell is wrong with the world today? Somebody please answer that for me.:mad:

This has been happening a lot in the U.S lately. The news has been plastered with kidnapping-rape-murders like the one you mentioned. There's been almost a new one every other day and none of them seem to have a happy ending, unfortunately.

Yeah, we've been glued to the TV over here with the case as well. It is pretty dumb as far as I'm concerned that they did do away with the death penalty in most countries (well western ones anyway).
If I were to ever have to go through that I'd more than likely do along the lines of Mel Gibson's character in Ransom.

yeah vengeance is mine.... if anyone ever did that to my little sisters be prepared to be covered in petrol and get a little "stuck in the middle with you" treatment.... :evil: :evil: :evil:

I am not BSing I do mean that! :darth:

http://www.godamongdirectors.com/scripts/reservoir.shtml

dogs_2.jpg

...what you you mean you can't hear??? ;)

Child molestors and killers need to be burned.

they have transgressed the normal laws of humanity....

i.e. they have kidnapped and raped and killed 2 young kids....

let the punishment fit the crime....

therefore, let us transgress the normal punishments of modern society.....

burn them...

i agree .. there are too many sicko's running free in this world..
we need to adopt a new way of justice
look at other countries like Saudi Arabia, where they hold public beheadings, and you get your hand cut off if you steal.
The crime rate is almost 0.
Nobody criminal is scared of prison, and they probably hope for the death penalty. Lethal Injection? This is absurd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back