ABIT AW9D-Max USB problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a very strange problem with my USB and it seemed to start suddenly, I cant pinpoint the cause. None of my USB slots work, when all of the slots are empty I get an error message in windows saying "Error USB device not recognised", a device which isnt in there cant be recognised, i dont understand.

These are all onboard USB slots. I put in extra USB slots on a panel that came with the mmotherboard which connect directly into the board, and they dont work either.

So not only are my onboard USB slots not working, the NEW USB that i only just put in doesnt want to work either, so it doesnt sound like the USB slots themselves are faulty, but maybe something else on the mobo thats connecting them.

I have formatted my computer twice and I still get this error, and i have never had it in the past, so i cant see it being a driver error.

Does anyone know what is going on? any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Check your BIOS carefully line by line to see if something has been disabled.
Check your Device Manager (Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager) to see if you have any yellow or red flags to the left of any devices.
Go to the website of your computer manufacturer or motherboard manufacturer, and download, then install the latest Chipset drivers.
Look for any other updated drivers. Consider updating the BIOS if you are totally familiar with all the risks.
Consider also scans for infestations and malware. Any other hardware not working? Be careful about downloading any fixes.
If none of these give you any hope, you may be ready to get a new motherboard.

Ill go to the manufactures website now and look for new ones, the BIOS is already up to date, i didnt have this problem before the weekend and i dont know what i could have done to cause it.

I do have a yellow unknown device in device manager that i dont remember seeing before, but there is nothing connected to the computer that could be causing the. The sound and graphics cards are the only cards inside my comp and they have up to date drivers too. For now ive just disabled all USB ports to stop this error. I've emailed ABIT but they havent got back to me yet, i dont want to bother replacing the mobo for this because the computer still runs fine regardless.

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back