Abit IP35 Pro eSATA problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cybersciver

Can anyone help me activate the eSATA ports on an IP35 mbd? I've been in touch with Abit Tech Service and they said to install the JMicron driver (on the mbd disk) and enable the eSATA mode in the bios, which I did. I set Storage Controller to IDE as I am not running RAID, but tried RAID when IDE didn't work, but that didn't work either. Then I tried setting the SATA Mode to AHCI and got a blue screen wipeout.
I'm running two independant 320GB SATA 2 HD's one for XP and the other Vista 32 Home premium. The external HD is a 500GB SATA 2 connected to one of the two eSATA ports (I've tried both). The drive is not detected in XP or Vista no matter what. I told Abit all this (twice!) a week ago and no reply.

OK, well I guess the SATA ports may be, but everything else works fine. Is there a test I can try for the ports? Device Manager doesn't show anything.

I guess if you don't want to RMA the motherboard you could always get something like this. I'm using that for my eSATA drive with no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back