ABIT NF7-M motherboard beeping problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a custom built ABIT NF7-M motherboard and i'm having wicked start up problems. I press the power button on my tower and the fans start up, as do my various disk drives, but i get no signal to the monitor (which is definately plugged in) and the tower just starts to beep for 2 second intervals over and over again. Even if i leave it on, as i have for hours, it continues to beep. I have replaced my power supply and the battery on the motherboard, as was suggested to me by various computer people at my school, but it has not worked. Any help would be fantabulous.

That beeping it basically telling you what is wrong. The beep codes can be different with every board. Should have a section in your manual that talks about what each one is or maybe a good idea to contact tech support of your board to find out what your particular beep code means.

Most of the time I believe the code you are descibing is for memory. So if you have some extra memory that you can plug in just to see if the computer will start you can try that before making any phone calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back