AC/DC adapter question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dae_amp_ika_dtp

hi . i got one question and it might be a prety dumb one too. ok so i got this monitor that needs a AC to DC adapter. on the monitor it says power input 12v 3.33amp and the polarity is -(o+)- i was wondering if i use this AC/DC adapter thats lying around my house, would it work well enough to power the monitor up without risking damaging it. the AC/DC adaptor is rated output is at 12vDC 1000mA. the polarity is also -(o+)- any help is apreciated. thanks

The adapter that you have (the "lying around" one) is not powerful enough for the monitor.

The monitor needs 3.33A and the other adapter is 1000mA which is 1A so it's not enough.

How come you have a monitor with no adapter?

oh.. its for a customer. thanks for the quick response. i guess im off to ebay to find a adaptor. the customer "lost" it. thanks for your help. i was sure it wouldnt work either.

You will need an adapter of 3.33amp or higher. Example, a 4.5amp adapter will work perfectly well as adapters only put out whats needed and don't run at full capacity all the time unless its needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back