AC97 RealTek Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where to start, since i recently formatted i have set everything back up, im using 5.1 speaker system, and now the centre and the rear speakers arnt working.
I dont mind if i could change it to 4 speakers and just use the 2 fornt, centre and Sub, when i Click Test the Centre, Sub and rears play nothing yet the Sub plays when i put music on. i have tried god knows how many combinations and i still cant get them all working. Thanks in advance
Here is my Dxdiag Dump:

Did you set windows "sound and audio devices" speaker settings in control panel to 5.1 speakers, too? Also, music off of a CD or MP3s are only recorded in 2 channel. You'll need advanced sound card controls (drivers and software) to mix them any differently. A lot of 5.1 soundards don't have those features. That's one of the reasons I like nVidia's SoundStorm audio; DD encoding on the fly.

hmmm

Yeh i checked, beforei formatted sound came out of all of them, i had nothing open but the sound man and when i do test i just get the front and sub/center now, but still no rear its a set computer and it worked before so there is no reason it shouldnt now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back