Access denied error from Administrator account...please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
:confused: Okay, heres the deal. My computer crashed so I had to do a system recovery. So I was reloading all the old software and everything worked just fine until I went to install my printer. It said access is denied. So I did some research and realized I hadnt yet installed service pack 2. So I am going to install service pack 2 and it gives me the error "cryptographic services arent running"....I go into services and sure enough they are running ...stop and restart, but it still says they are not running. sooooooooo....I do more research and I do some command line things like registering all the dll files by command line and that works but it still says that the services are not running. I do not have the simple file sharing option in Explorer so that is not the problem. I tried to change my log file name by commmand line but.....of course...access is DENIED!!!! :knock: :knock: I am using the only account and it is an admin account and I am running Windows XP home edition. Never had any problems before the stupid crash...PPPPPPPPPLEASSSSSSSSSSEEEEEE someone help me...I will forever be in debt to you. All I want to do is print....I will take any suggestions
Thankx!

I have spent so much time on this reinstall already that I just cant give in yet.....sorry I know its probably the best idea but my pride is in the way

I know the feeling
try and reset permissions for all disk's
under security advanced force admin
in boot.ini reset from noexecute to execute save reboot
then reset permissions if this works don't forget to edit the boot back cause this will leave machine open to OS script attack
past this info
the rest is hacking and this is wrong place for that
don't forget anything you do to rewrite the os outside of the way MS had it is againest the user policy

Thanks guys for all your help but after wanting to blow up my computer I just decided to reload. I think it will save me time in the long run! :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back