Access Denied SBS 2003 drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it.

I have a server that is SBS 2003 and XP clients.

The issue: Access denied when a user tries to go to a drive on the network.

She is a new user and was copied from an existing user in the AD with the same rights and drive mapping etc...

She logged on and cannot access a drive that she is mapping to. She gets access denied.

Troubleshooting...

I went to check the permission at first of course and found she has full control rights to that drive.

So I removed her account, refreshed, then added her back in. Went to the client machine, rebooted, logged her back in. Still access denied.

Went back to the server, granted her ownership, went back to the client machine, logged her back on, still access denied.

This is incredibly frustrating. The folders and files are NOT EFS and nobody else is having access problems accept her. Then again this is a new account.

Please let me know right away if possible!

Thanks,

Samantha

Right click the folder and go to properties and there should be a tab for sharing up at the top by security the security settings.

She doesnt have that option when logged on. All there is with her is the general tab, with administrator there is general and security but not general, security and sharing

You actually have to go to the computer the original folder is at and make sure it is being shared there and she has the permissions to see it. Not from her computer well unless you log in with admin rights

Yeah I am at the server. Went to the drive and that is all i see as admin. The drive itself has her as full control but when i sign on as her at her desk (computer has admin rights) i get a big fat access denied when i double click the drive

Ok so you are at the server where the main folder or drive you are trying to share is at. You right click and it has security options and she permission to do what she needs at the share. But no share option. Ok if it is being shared the drive can be mapped. So we are fine with the share permissions because you can map it. Is the user account local to the computer or the domain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back