Access denied

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a laptop with dual boot system on it. C drive was win 98 second edition and D was Win XP pro, I formatted win 98 and now XP would not start. I installed XP over the clean partition and now D will not start.Of course I have my folder from the D drive protected so I can't access that folder, can anyone help me to get that D drive booted? I tried a # of things and they R not helping.

Try to edit the thread title a bit first in the middle of your crying.

When you "formatted Win98", ie. partition C:, you also removed XP's boot files, because Windows operating systems need to have their boot files in the first partition of the first hard disk drive (first set to boot).

One of the sticky threads in this forum is "How to bypass ACCESS DENIED error when accessing data from different XP/2000 install."

Mictlantecuhtli said:
Try to edit the thread title a bit first in the middle of your crying.

When you "formatted Win98", ie. partition C:, you also removed XP's boot files, because Windows operating systems need to have their boot files in the first partition of the first hard disk drive (first set to boot).

One of the sticky threads in this forum is "How to bypass ACCESS DENIED error when accessing data from different XP/2000 install."
I done that already, for some reason, I do not have a security tab, I have 3 tabs, General, Sharing and Customize.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back