Accidental 64-bit windows =/

Status
Not open for further replies.

foozy

So I wasn't paying attention and accidentally bought a 64-bit copy of Win Vista Home Premium, instead of the usual 32-bit. Does my hardware need to be 64-bit compatible to use it, or just 64-bit compatible to take advantage of the technology?

Its either use it or it sits on my shelf until someone wants a 64-bit system. Which is probably going to take a long time.

Well I did an install and all went well except the sound. I'm thinking the problem is that I installed the wrong drivers at first, though =/

Windows is recognizing sound but theres no output.

Onboard sound? Check your motherboard manufacturer's website for 64 bit vista drivers. Most all common hardware should have Vista64 drivers by now.

Silly me, I pulled off jumpers from the front panel sound connector but forgot to ever actually plug the front panel in.

It all worked in the end... except for speedfan. I thought that was odd, but it was just an Athlon64 3500+ so I wasn't too concerned with temperatures.

Strange. When I bought mine it came with 2 DVDs. one for 32bit and one for 64bit. You sure you don't have a second DVD with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back