account longevity

Tedster

how long do accounts last with no activity? I'm leaving for Iraq in the fall for a 1 year tour and may not have computer access.

As far as I`m aware Tedster. There won`t be a problem.

I have looked through the Techspot faq`s and can find no mention of inactive accounts.

I`m sure one of the mods can give you an exact answer to your concerns.

Regards Howard :)

It will be there when you get back. The accounts only really go away when there is a MAJOR change to the forums and there is no upgrade/conversion path. Like when we changed from Jawbreaker to vBullitin. That is why you see all us old people have a register date of Feb 2002.

The only accounts that get pruned are those of members who have been inactive for more than a year and have 0 total posts. In other words, those accounts which were never really used.

What about users who have been active for a few years, and have over 2000 useless posts (like me)? We could say my account has never actually been used..... :haha:

Tedster, keep safe. Waiting for your return!

DonNagual said:
What about users who have been active for a few years, and have over 2000 useless posts (like me)? We could say my account has never actually been used..... :haha:

Lol DonNagual.

If that`s the case mate, then I`ve gotta be up the proverbial creek, without a paddle.

Regards Howard :haha:

howard_hopkinso said:
Lol DonNagual.

If that`s the case mate, then I`ve gotta be up the proverbial creek, without a paddle.

Regards Howard :haha:
OUTRIGGER.gif

howard_hopkinso & DonNagual, you guys get to choose since you're up the creek, implying water.
A. B. or C.

Tedster, Man what can I say?
these 2 are for you since you'll be in the "****" and these work best for kickin real ****. :haha:
Keep your head down, your ballistics vest ON & come back in one piece!!
Drop us a line once in awhile if you can.
Largest_Paddles-Maple.jpg

my favorite things:

a 249 machine gun with 2 drums of ammo

a claymore

a stinger missile

lock and load man! (Haji will be in trouble......)

BTW---- it's interesting to note that the army has kind of resurrected the vulcan gun in the form of the CRAM (a robotic anti-mortar system). Looks like the Aliens movie robot guns are now reality.

Back